Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Problems..... Problems...... and MORE PROBLEMS

Dear Fellow Passionate Media Followers,


Today, I cannot say was a particularly good day. Due to the fact that my group decided to stick to our first idea we ran into a lot of issues. The first of many issues was the owner of the house that one individual in my group got us to film in contacted us and told us we couldn't film inside of the house. Since filming in the house was a major part of the film opening, we had to brainstorm other ideas to get around this issue. Our group thinks that we may just film the bedroom scene in one of our group members home and just film on the outside of the other home in Miami. We are going to have to compose the shots in the bedroom perfect, so we could make it look like a bedroom in the house in Miami,FL. If compose the shots well I don't think this will be a problem, but this issue is really stressing me out. If you didn't know, I am a person that has to create a plan for everything I do and if something doesn't go according to the plan, I freak out. I called my father, who is a news director for Telemundo, for a consultation and he told me this would be fine. He told me his friends at Telemundo recently were shooting a new telenovela called: Betty en NY. He told me that the tv show takes place in NY, but instead of paying for all the director, cinematographers, edits, talent, etc. to stay in NY to shoot the tv show they rented out a couple buildings that had similar look to NYC offices and he showed me a clip and I couldn't even tell that the tv show was shot in Miami. After this talk, I felt a lot better and more confident in the film we were about to make.  

 The second issue my group faced was getting adult actors to play the father or mother for the yelling scene in the project. I did get this resolved at 2PM because I got my uncle to act in it and another individual in my group got their next door neighbor to act in it. I think we are going to use the actor my group member got instead of my uncle. Due to the fact that, I don't really think my uncle is the most talented actor.


 Well.... that was my day today. I hope tomorrow it a better day!


Sincerely,
Matthew Liebman
Filmmaker
March 12th, 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment

Link to Film

Dear Passionate Media Followers,    Here is what you have all been waiting for: https://drive.google.com/file/d/18Su294K2Kj2zU4MPIT-cNn...