Tuesday, March 26, 2019

2+2= First Cut Finished

hDear Passionate Media Followers,


     Last night at about 12am a fellow group member and I finished the first cut of our film opener. It took us 2 days and about 4-6 hours to finish this first edit. To be honest, going into this, I didn't think it would take this much work. We had to import all the clips to Premier Pro, cut all the clips together on multiple timelines, add all the effects to each clip, add all the texts to certain parts of the film, add color corrections and color graded each scene, edited and even created some of the audio, and add the 8mm film grade overlays. Let me tell you guys.... it was a mission and a half. We decided to break up the edit into three timelines. The first timeline was the montage scene of Miami, the second was the arguing scene between the main character and his mother, and the last timeline was the car crash scene. I have attached pictures of all three time lines we edited the film on below.

Arguing scene between main character and mother^


Car crash scene^


Montage scene ^

    Also, after we finished editing,  I capture our reaction to watching the video for the first time. I decided to only upload the ending of the reaction video because we don't really say or do anything in the start of the reaction video. 

  Before I conclude this blog,  I want to explain why I titled this blog 2+2= First Cut Finished. The reason I did this was because at the start of this project my teacher showed us a Ted talk. I don't remember the name of the Ted talk or who even gave the speech, but through this whole process I have always remembered that the speaker said, "don't give the audience the 2 plus 2 equals four.  Just give them the 2 plus 2. " After watching this I knew that the speaker meant that films shouldn't just spell everything out for the viewer, they should allow the viewer to put things together in the film themselves, but to me this statement meant so much more. To me, this meant that when creating a film one should always try to dig a little deeper. Always try to make films that have a message and a purpose in this world. Most importantly, when making a film don't take the easy way out. Always try to make something that your proud of and don't give up when times get hard. This one quote as followed my through this whole process and I think this quote was one of the reasons my group decided to stick with making this film opener instead of the other one.  My group could have just shot this whole film on our phones, slapped a couple clips together in iMovie and be done with the whole film in one day, but we dug a little deeper and worked a little harder to make a film that we are all very proud to have made. I can't wait to show all my classmates and my teacher this film. I think I may even create a separate blog showing all my friends reactions/critiques to seeing the film for the first time. Well that is all I have for today. I will talk to you guys again soon! 


Sincerely,
Matthew Liebman 
March 26th, 2019


No comments:

Post a Comment

Link to Film

Dear Passionate Media Followers,    Here is what you have all been waiting for: https://drive.google.com/file/d/18Su294K2Kj2zU4MPIT-cNn...